Sunday, December 20, 2009

Some things I don't ever want to forget....

We have been busy enjoying the Holiday Season and celebrating lots of birthdays including Ellie's on the 29th of November, Jared's on Dec. 16th and Edyn's which is coming up on the 26th! (LOTS to post later!!) I wanted to capture a few of the random things they have been saying before I forget...seems to happen a lot these days!!

Here are just a few "Ellie-isms"...
When taking Emma to school, Ellie wanted to know..."Mom, why is the bright black cow on the back of the other bright black cow?" As I was trying to muster up an answer, she said, "oh....I know....(giggle, giggle)....but I can't tell you"....I said, "oh yes you can, what do you think they are doing?" (giggle giggle), "I just can't tell you mom", (giggle, giggle). By this time I was getting kind of worried. Then she finally said, "They are just wrestling". WHEW!!!

When driving and at a stoplight Ellie said, "Green means go, red means stop, and um...mommy? why do you go faster when it is yellow and daddy goes slower?"

Ellie was being REALLY naughty to her sister and had to sit in the naughty chair. She asked if Santa was watching and if he could hear her. I asked her what she thought and she hesitated for a while, then she began yelling out, "Ok Santa, let me me tell you that I REALLY want that gray purse filled with LOTS of make-up and some underwear and some markers and a pink Bible book...."

Parents as Teachers came for a visit and gave Edyn the Denver II (a screening for developmental skills for 2 yr olds)...we are happy and proud to say that she is doing quite well (thanks to the help of her older sisters!) She did miss a part of the test and we were also proud of her for that! She was shown a picture of a man and was supposed to say it was a man and she told her "teacher" that is was Jesus. Her teacher had never heard that in 17 years. She went back later to see if she could get it right by cuing her, "This is a ____" and Edyn said, "A JESUS!!" It was just so cute!!

Emma has been REALLY wanting to get Santa a present for Christmas...this is our sweet, thoughtful child whose love language is giving. She is always thinking about what she can give to someone to make their day a little brighter. Jared and I have been getting lots of notes that say, "I love you so much". It makes our day! And...she spent HOURS working on a book for Grandma Jan for her birthday that was adorable! Earlier this season she said, "Mom, I really don't care what Santa gets me for Christmas because everything I got last year, I just loved!"
So anyway...back to the present for Santa. She thought we could go shopping tomorrow and she said "Well, I think we can just go straight to the fat section....because he is just fat"....
She settled on a Christmas candle that she found in our bathroom...she wrapped it up and wrote Mrs. Clauses' name on it. She is SO excited to be able to give this little gift. I pray that she is always this sweet, giving and thoughtful....

No comments: