Monday, October 25, 2010

If I only had a brain...

...I would have realized that sewing+4 kids=mass chaos.
But I'm SO glad I did because the results were just FUN!
Ok, I had to show you the second picture of what the table REALLY looked like BEFORE I cleared it off to make it look like one of those pictures from Martha Stewart or some really cool famous and crafty blog. I just wouldn't want to give you the impression that my house is immaculate or anything.
7 years ago, when Jared and I lived in Michigan, we were AWANA leaders and we bought these Dorothy and Scarecrow costumes to wear to the Halloween party (we thought we were HILARIOUS since we were from Kansas). I was pregnant with Emma at the time and I told Jared, "Let's keep these, because one day, we will have a family big enough to sport the WHOLE Wizard of Oz cast at Halloween". He laughed. And here we are , 7 years later.
We got invited to a costume party/birthday party in our neighborhood. What a blast we had.
My little "Toto" baby. LOVE her.
The trashy Dallas cowboy fans.
The cards.
A cute little train and his dad.
The beautiful hostess and her son (it was their birthdays...he was 32 and she turned 9...so she says....)
Thanks for an awesome party...we had SO much fun! The girls are STILL talking about it!

2 comments:

Marie said...

That is just awesome!!! Are you all going to be at trunk or treat? I want to see your costumes in real life!

Meghan said...

Love it! You all look so cute and of course I love Jana and Jamie's costumes.