Sunday, January 27, 2013

A little bit of Heaven on Earth...

...is where Jared and I were blessed to spend last week. We planned this trip to Mexico (South of Cancun) for our 10 year anniversary....it has also become my Christmas and birthday present, likely Valentine's Day and probably Mother's Day as well :) Jared likes to stick to themes...it was an all-inclusive trip so it will be an all-inclusive gift. I'm NOT complaining. I imagine heaven is a bit like this but only better...I can't imagine. I felt like we were in Paradise. We were able to get a massage, work-out, lay on the beach and read for a week while soaking up the sun. Our biggest decision was which restaurant to eat at. A whole lot different than life at home with 4 kids....
These little "raccoon-monkey" things were around at the resort. Although signs said, "Do not feed", people would stop to feed them. They were a bit creepy to me...I'm just glad they were friendly...
Iguanas were everywhere as well...we got close enough to take a picture with Flat Stanley...(part of Emma's school project). Afterwards, we read that they are NOT friendly in the months of January and February due to mating season. Awesome. We are glad we did not get hurt.
Oh my. I was so fortunate to get a photo shoot on the beach with a Toucan. Yes, this was awesome. I'm pretty sure I WON'T end up on some billboard in Mexico...there's nothing like someone telling you in broken English to look sexy. I was trying so hard not to laugh.
Me and mine. Thank you SO MUCH mom and dad for watching all the girls while we were gone...it was SO much easier to get away, knowing that they were in good hands!!

4 comments:

The Beckman's said...

There was a bear on the beach also??

Haasan said...

Hi there. I'm a rapper from London and I just wanna ask whether you can look at my blog your blog is great just check mine out please :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures!
RETA @ http://evenhaazer.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Lovely post!

http://rosiebernice.blogspot.co.uk/