Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Good Intentions...

I was changing Edyn & rocking her to sleep, all to the sound of pots and pans banging downstairs. I was completely annoyed by all the noise b/c Edyn was having a hard time going to sleep due to a few teeth coming in, so by the time I got downstairs & saw this mess, I was not happy! And I yelled. Really bad. And I wanted to cuss. It was completely one of those moments when I REALLY needed God to knock some perspective into me. And He was faithful...of course. I was so frustrated as I had just organized and cleaned everything. After I told them how upset I was, they just looked at me w/ such thoughtfulness & innocence and said, "But mommy, we are making meals for our friends, because they sick & hurting and they not be able to cook right now. Jesus like that". I was speechless. My mind immediately raced back a few days before when I made a huge batch of food and my girls endured 4 hours in the car as we delivered meals to my cousin who had a baby, my aunt who had major surgery and another friend who is going through a heartbreaking time.

God immediately brought this scripture to mind..."Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates." -Deuteronomy 6:5-9

I thank God for blessing us tremendously with 3 healthy little girls who have hearts that already long to serve and honor Jesus. My prayer is that Jared and I will always strive to "...set an example...in speech, in life, in love, in faith, and in purity."-1 Timothy 4:12...because that is hard to do sometimes...really hard!

2 comments:

Megs said...

ohhh....that's a great story. perfect lunch break material....love you.

The Hugheys said...

Thanks for sharing that Krista. It's a good reminder to all of us!