Friday, October 30, 2009

Emma's First Day of school....

...was actually over 2 months ago and it is SO hard to believe that it has only been 2 months in some ways!! She has been learning and doing SO MUCH and it is so crazy how quickly they catch on and start putting together all the things we worked so hard to teach her in the first 5 years of her life. She is bringing home books and reading them to us and I just never imagined that she would be doing this already. First report card wasn't so great...we felt like failures as parents actually. Jared and I didn't know she should have been reading BEFORE Kindergarten SO it has been a busy two months working really hard with her to get her "caught up". She got her newest report card last week and she had a wonderful report so we are starting to "back off" a little. SO....that also explains my lack of keeping up on blogging! But I have new motivation. I found a website that will print blogs (YEAH!!) so I'm going to get a book printed for each girl every year for Christmas since this is the closest thing to scrap-booking I can do for them! So...I will be doing LOTS of catching up on life in the last few months!

Emma in front of her room the night before school started! She was SO excited, she didn't sleep much that night!

This is her desk that she shares with 3 other students

Her colorful classroom...

All grown up...on our way to "back-to-school night"

Emma was excited that one of her best friends from her preschool class was also in her Kindergarten class!!

No comments: