Saturday, November 12, 2011

Remember When?...

...I said I would run another half marathon HERE? Well, I wasn't quite sure if I meant that, I was mainly just on a runner's high.  But then...since I am friends with some pretty amazing people that motivate me to do things like run 13.1 miles (and train for it weeks before), I jumped in again...especially when I talked some other friends into running it too.
 My sis-in-law Sara, my bro Mike and my friend Lisa...they rocked!!


 And of course, my neighbor and friend Tina...I was SO proud of her.  She was a rockstar too.  She trained for this mostly by herself while her hubby is halfway across the world.  Now that takes some motivation.

Thanks for pushing me Sara!

Missing from these pictures is my friend Lindsay (the one who talked me into it). We ran together in April and we set a new goal together for this race.  She trained all the way up until TWO weeks before the race (which is a whole LOT of miles) then she had to undergo heart surgery.  While I was sad I lost a running partner for the day, I have a friend for a lifetime and I'm SO VERY thankful that God was looking over her and that her condition was one that was able to be caught and fixed when it was.  Which means...I have another race to run.  I can't wait to run with you again soon, Lindsay!

(Beth, Nikki, Lindsay & I in April)

No comments: