Saturday, August 20, 2011

Bittersweet moments....

...that's the best way to describe yesterday which marked Ellie's first day of Kindergarten and Emma's first day of second grade.

Walking into the building...two VERY excited and somewhat nervous girls....and a sad 3 year old sister.


SO big!

All ready for the big day...and so grown up!

Emma re-assuring Ellie that "Kindergarten is just like pre-school, only a little longer...and harder...with a lot more rules!"  Thanks Emma.
Ellie's best friend from pre-school is in her class!!!  They were SO excited about this....it is going to be a GREAT year!


Wow, how bittersweet these times are.  I miss having them at home, but I'm also excited for them and all that they are learning.  I really enjoyed having just Edyn and Eva at home and can't wait for these moments ahead with the younger two.  Eva is used to being chased and entertained by her older sisters so she kept trying to play with Edyn. Finally Edyn said, "Mom, this little baby sister won't leave me alone!" It's going to be fun to watch how they interact together. I couldn't believe how easy it seemed having just 2 kids at home (I'm sure all the moms with 2 kids are hating me for saying that but that's just how it is when my head is normally spinning with four!)  What fun we had yesterday, just treasuring our time at home...because it is SO fleeting, I've learned.  Tear, tear....

No comments: