Sunday, January 10, 2010

Mom of the Year...

...is what I'm guaranteed to get nominated for after I post this wonderful story of our blissful life. To preface it, I will say that I am SO SICK with this pregnancy...the night before last I was up throughout the night (every 3 hours) vomiting. Even while taking Zofran around the clock...on schedule. My poor husband. He is doing SO great though, assuming the role of Mr. Mom quite well. He really does know how to do dishes, laundry, clean, etc. and he has done it quite well, never complaining. I am blessed. I have not even touched any housework for 3 weeks. I'm thankful he has been home for 3 weeks because of Christmas break and snow days! And I'm thankful for wonderful neighbors who had given us some relief by taking ALL 3 girls to Chuckie Cheese AND a movie for the day, done grocery shopping for me and I'm thankful for our baby-sitter who came over for 4 hours on Friday to help. I can't even read a book to the girls without getting exhausted and nauseous, so it is so nice to have some help!
Now on to my mom-of-the-year story...
Jared went to church this morning with Emma and Ellie and I stayed home with Edyn who conveniently came down with Rotavirus yesterday. Of course, she pooped 5 minutes after he left and although I was nauseous and needed to get something to eat, I had to change her quickly b/c it was running down her leg and she has a bad diaper rash. So...I laid her on a towel and began to change her and the smell is SO BAD (you know this if your child has had Rotavirus), I started vomiting and did so on the towel she was laying on. She started crying as I was trying to puke, wipe her, get diaper rash cream on and get a new diaper on. I then sprayed a lot of air freshener and I'm sure the "poop spray" mixture that it created might be worse. I went to lay down while i let the TV baby-sit her for awhile and then about 20-30 minutes later she fills her diaper again and comes into the bedroom with a towel in one hand and air freshener in the other saying, "Mommy sorry, poopy diaper"....
Bless her little heart. I changed her and managed to hold it together this time, then we cuddled and snuggled and I reassured her that it's ok if life gets poopy sometimes, God is still taking care of us. She responded, "Ok mommy" in her precious little 2 year old voice.

"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of Compassion, and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God”
-2 Corinthians 1:3-4

3 comments:

Brown Apples said...

oh krista! Dakota had rotovirus- and i have been horribly sick with all pregnancies- I can't imagine having them together! you poor thing! you can rephrase when it rains- it pours...bodliy fluids....haha! hang in there! I will be praying!

Marie said...

Krista--

You poor thing. My heart just goes out to you. I was terribly sick with my two pregnancies two, so I can't even imagine taking care of a sick kid.

MargoPoz said...

Krista: First, I'm excited to hear your exciting news about baby 4! ... It will make all that morning sickness worth it. Ha! Zofran IS a miracle drug! I so know what you're going through with being naseous. I was very sick with both my girls. And, yes, Rotovirus in the mix would have sent me over the edge!