Saturday, February 13, 2010

Out of the mouth of babes...

...just some more things they say that I never want to forget...

Ellie was feeding and rocking her baby for about 20 minutes and she was being so quiet I went and checked on her and she told me, "Mom, I'm pretending I'm Mary and this is my baby Jesus. He is just perfect." I of course thought, "What a sweet child"...it just melted my heart. THEN....
I was in the bedroom putting clothes away and about 20 minutes later she locked the door to my room, shut it and told me she was locking me out (when really she was locking herself out) and said that she was going to watch SpongeBob because it came on the television (they are not allowed to watch SpongeBob and she knows it!) I then asked her what Jesus would think about her not obeying me and she responded, "First of all, I'm Mary and Jesus is taking a nap and he doesn't care right now."

I was clipping coupons and Emma wanted to know why I was doing this and so I explained how coupons worked. She hesitated, "Well, you aren't really saving THAT much money if you go out and buy all that stuff and have to pay for it anyway. She is SO much like her dad. And of course, he is so proud.

Edyn was playing with her babies and put them in her pack -n- play. A few minutes later she took off running toward her pack -n- play saying, "oh my gosh, oh my gosh. You little stinkers, you little stinkers." It was just so cute out of her 2 year old mouth!

1 comment:

kellie j. said...

Oh krista. . . your kids are FUNNY! i'm so glad you are writing these things down that they say and do. my favorite is jesus taking a nap right now!!!