Friday, July 16, 2010

Practicing our Spanish...

Ellie is VERY MUCH into learning, so much that we got the Hooked on Phonics Set to keep the girls learning over the summer (after they finished some workbooks that we thought would serve that purpose). They are just LOVING it and it is so much fun to see their reading skills take off (well, that's how we see it of course!) At 4, Ellie is reading and spelling many words and Emma actually asked her one day how to spell a word. She told me the other day that she wanted to practice all her letters so I gave her a pencil and this pink piece of paper. She was so excited to show me her progress and when I looked I was surprised to find all these "scribbles". I asked her where her letters were and she said, "Right here, I'm just practicing my Spanish today".

No comments: