Sunday, September 19, 2010

first grade.


I can't believe I'm old enough to have a first grader. I need to add that to my shirt. Kids grow up so fast. Once again, I'm SO thankful to be able to get to stay home part-time with them for these precious years that I will never get back. I can't imagine it any other way. We are blessed, for sure.
Emma went to a different school this year and was a bit nervous. However, all the neighborhood kids go to this school so she was excited after her first day and exclaimed, "Wow, I have, like, SO many friends...everybody knows me!" She is doing just wonderful and we are so proud of her!
t
As you can tell, Edyn was NOT happy when Emma went to school. Emma and Edyn get along really great because Emma understands that you can't reason with a 2-year old. (Ellie, on the other hand, does not, which of course, results in a lot of fighting.) It broke my heart to watch her sit by the door waiting for Emma to come home.


Emma claims Eva misses her SO MUCH when she is at school and has to have several minutes of cuddle-time with Eva when she gets home. Oh, the sisterly love!

Emma thought she needed her picture on the second day of school as well...by the third day she was too tired to even ask!

1 comment:

Marie said...

Aww how sweet. Emma looks adorable and that picture of Edyn was too cute.